Saturday, January 18, 2014

Housing and a DIY Addiction

If you read my 'About Me' you will know that
my wonderful husband is deployed
He left so soon after we got married that it made no sense
for me to move into a house to live by myself for that long.

I've been staying at my parents so we can save money.
I went to the housing office on post and got us put on the list
but I said our availability was April...
That would give us plenty of time to save and plenty of time
for me to set up before Jaime gets home!


A couple weeks ago I received a call from the housing office...
A house that had everything I asked for (I am picky picky!!)
is going to be available and it's our for the taking!
But I would have to sign in February...
I talked to my hubby and we decided we couldn't pass it up!
I get to go look at our house in February and if we love it I will
sign for it the 28th and FINALLY have a house of our own!!

Now time is going EXTREMELY slow.
Seriously, I feel like it's been a month since I got that call
but really, its been like a week and a half.
I am trying to stay really busy this next month, in hopes that time will go faster!

I am quitting my job once I move to post
(hello, I'm not driving 30 miles for minimum wage, haha!)
So I am working more to take up my days and to earn extra money for
decorating our wonderful house when we finally have one...
Also, I went to Hobby Lobby and accidentally spent $200 on crafting supplies.
(I swear, it really was an accident, darn clearance aisles)

(PS, I think Hobby Lobby is the best, they have such adorable items and they are a 
Christian ran business, therefore I love them and will always shop there)

I have about a million adorable ideas for my future home and I am starting on them now!!
Another one of my wonderful ways to keep myself busy =D

Good news for this blog, (though not so much for the hubby's wallet),
I have A LOT of DIY crafts coming up!!
I'm determined for us to have the cutest house EVER ;)
In the morning I will be posting my first blog DIY craft! 
Its a super cute name thing for your front door,
because if you haven't noticed....
I am ALL ABOUT MY NEW LAST NAME<3


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got a house to live in, even if it came a bit early! =P I can't wait for the DIY project, either! I'm sure it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete